|Version 7 (modified by 8 years ago) (diff),|
A Trac 0.11 version of the TracShowPathPatch as a single-file plugin, since in Trac 0.11 this can be done without source code modification, thanks to the ITemplateStreamFilter interface in Trac. This is a modification of Morris's work at t:wiki:MacroBazaar#ShowPath. His code works, but only if the trac instance is at the root of the web server (like trac-hacks.org). My modifications use the Trac environment href API to form the proper URLs.
The Times, They Are A'Changin'
In the current Trac 0.11-stable branch (at least as of t:source:branches/0.11-stable at 7581) is currently the Trac 0.11.2 release, which includes an integration of the ShowPath "patch" to Trac. If this functionality is deployed, it would basically obsolete this plugin, but is not incompatible with this plugin. What is implemented is slightly different from what this plugin does:
- The hierarchical path is shown only if you are in a "second level" page, for example "A/B". This plugin on WikiStart shows "Start Page" (no link), and on page A, shows "Start Page / A" (only "Start Page" as a link).
- This plugin puts the path on the left side of the context navigation bar in the upper right. The Trac 0.11.2 functionality puts it as a
<p>aragraph, which appears on the left side immediately above the start of the wiki content
- The Trac functionality puts an "Up" link in the context navigation bar when on a second-level page. The "Up" link does not appear on a first level page (i.e. WikiStart is not the parent of all other first-level pages).
The plugin does work in Trac 0.11.2, but you will see both the Trac 0.11.2 functionality (breadcrumbs on the left and "Up" link) and the added links from this plugin.
Trac 0.11 and Genshi 0.5. Current version released is 0.4, so Genshi trunk will be needed. I tested with r851 of Genshi trunk. Genshi 0.5 is needed for the Transformer API to replace the "Start Page" link on the context navigation bar.
From the source:
0.11dev rewrite of original ShowPath functionality. Replaces the global "Start Page" link with a path of links for hierarchical pages. e.g., http://mytrac.com/wiki/ParentPage/ChildPage/GrandchildPage ..would create a ShowPath of Start Page / ParentPage / ChildPage / GrandchildPage ..where all are links except for the current, GrandchildPage. * http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/ShowPathPlugin Just drop in your trac/<projectname>/plugins dir. If you are using an inherited plugins_dir in Trac, that will also work to place this file there. Supports one optional trac.ini setting, sep_character, which specifies the character to use in the path display: [showpath] sep_character = » The default is a forward slash (/); note that no matter what character is specified, it will always be rendered with a single space on either side. If you specify a string of more than one character, only the first non-whitespace character will be used. 2007 Morris - firstname.lastname@example.org rfmorris on irc://freenode/trac 2008 Modification by Jason Winnebeck
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
- Minor issue: I need help on how to figure out where/how to put the documentation such that the web admin console can see descriptions on it.
Download the zipped source from [download:showpathplugin here].
Replaces the "Start Page" link in the Trac bar. If you are on this page, you would see
Start Page / ShowPathPlugin
instead. If you were in a a subpage like "ShowPathPlugin/SubPage" you would see
Start Page / ShowPathPlugin / SubPage.
- 4474 by JasonWinnebeck on 2008-10-13 12:44:28
Removed debugging print, which seems to be crashing Trac when run under CGI. I'm 90% sure that this closes #3638
- 3932 by JasonWinnebeck on 2008-07-01 21:44:33
Check type of element, to prevent AttributeError on custom ticket query pages
- 3702 by JasonWinnebeck on 2008-05-20 19:08:33
Closes #3047, rewritten to use IRequestFilter API, probably is more efficient now