|Version 3 (modified by rjollos, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Site Upgrade Proposal
This page documents the proposed work for upgrading trac-hacks.org from 0.10.6dev to 0.12.3 or 1.0.
There are a number of open defects and enhancements that we may want to address during the upgrade. Here are some specific ones that we may want to give higher priority:
- Many plugins don't have a license. An idea outlined in #9805 is to force the user to either specify a license or accept a default license when creating a NewHack.
- Spam continues to be a problem. Upgrading to the t:SpamFilter might improve the issue, but captcha used there can be frustrating experience and we don't want to risk driving away users.
- A related issue is that many tickets are created by anonymous and anonymous often does not follow-up when more information or feedback is requested. We could require users to create an account before they can create a ticket, which might cut down on newticket spam as well as these abandoned tickets.
- There are a number projects that are no longer maintained, have been supplanted by another project and are just taking up space at this point.
- We should have a process for removing old projects. Perhaps we should have a policy of reviewing and voting on them, a notification should be placed on the page and then a prescribed waiting period elapsed before eventually deleting them. Obsolete plugins with no license would have even more reason to be deleted (see also #9805).