|Version 7 (modified by rjollos, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Upload Files to the Trac Site Directory
Plugin that will allow an administrator to upload and manage files in the trac environment's htdocs directory.
Files can then be referenced by using the site/ url in the trac.ini. For a direct URL one would append /chrome/site/ to the base trac URL.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:siteuploadplugin here].
[components] siteupload.* = enabled
Then simply access the interface via WebAdmin
John the email link on this page keeps being bounced so I'm adding this here, feel free to remove/edit as you see fit:
Thanks for making siteupload available, it really simplifies uploading files. There are a couple of really nice things about it:
- it makes available the contents of htdocs directly; so if you already have files in there, they automatically show up in the siteuploads list, nothing else to do!
- you can find out the traclink to put in wiki to access the file uploaded by mousing over the file link in the siteuploads page (won't be necessary in 0.11 due to the new htdocs: link type)
Couple of things would be nice to add, keeping in mind the KISS principle:
- download status: not necessary for small files, but for large files the web page is frozen during the upload so even something as simple as a "status" text field that gets updated once per second with the percentage of file currently uploaded (e.g. by reading the file size currently in htdocs) would be sufficient;
- support subfolders within htdocs:
- flattened list of folder tree under htdocs (ie you don't need to code a tree view, just a list)
- ability to select one of those folders as the destination for the upload
- ability to create new subfolder in selected folder
- ability to delete selected folder
- ability to rename any of the selected folders or files; this would probably work by showing a new panel when user clicks "rename", containing one text field for every selection, with default text being current name, and in which user can enter new name, plus one "submit" button that submits the set of changes.
Anyways keep up the good work!