|Version 5 (modified by 8 years ago) (diff),|
Trac Wiki Editor 4 Eclipse
- Bugs/Feature Requests
- Runing Tests
- Recent Changes
!WikiEditor4Eclipse is a new plug-in providing Trac Wiki editing capabilities to Eclipse IDE.
- Trac Wiki Servers explorer
- Eclipse Wiki Editor: currently, it borrows the editor from the original EclipseTracPlugin plugin.
- Wiki Page managment: Creation, edition and page deletion.
- Concurrent edition management:
- Prevents overwriting other users changes when a concurrent edit happens.
- Helps merge contents when a concurrent edit happens.
- [download:eclipsetracplugin/tracrpcext/0.10 TracRpcExt] (optional): !WikiEditor4Eclipse reuses TracRpcExt plugin from EclipseTracPlugin to provide a page history view. This dependency is optional as the editor can work without it, but if its not installed and enabled you will miss page history functionality.
- Add http://trac-hacks.org/svn/wikieditorforeclipseplugin/trunk/releases/update-site to Eclipse Update Manager (Help -> Software Upates -> Available Software -> Add Site). This plugin requires Java Runtime version 1.5 or higher and Eclipse SDK 3.2 or higher (it was tested successfully on Eclipse SDK 3.4.2).
You can help improving the wiki editor. If you find something anoying, something wrong or something missing you may want to file a new ticket.
You can also search for existing bugs and feature requests in !WikiEditor4Eclipse are here.
- Wiki Editor Prespective:
- Merging conflicting changes
This plugin is composed by:
- Java Wiki RPC Client Library: this library features a WikiClient high level API to access
- Set of Eclipse plugins: Eclipse wiki source editor and management capabilities.
Building from Source
In order to build !WikiEditor4Eclipse you will need the following software:
- Subversion client
- Java JDK >= 1.5
- Tycho maven plugin (tested with version 0.3.0-DEV-1819)
- Eclipse SDK >= 3.2 (tested with version 3.4.2)
svn co http://trac-hacks.org/svn/wikieditorforeclipseplugin/trunk/source/ WikiEditor4Eclipse cd WikiEditor4Eclipse /opt/tycho-distribution-0.3.0-DEV-1819/bin/mvn \ -Dtycho.targetPlatform=/opt/eclipse/eclipse-SDK-3.4.2 \ clean install -Dmaven.test.skip
This will create a local eclipse update site at TracWikiEditor?4Eclipse/source/eclipse/org.trachacks.wikieditor.eclipse.site/target/site you can point Eclipse Update Manager to.
In order to run automated tests against a Trac server you will need to setup a local server
TODO how to set up tests prerequisites