|Version 6 (modified by 8 years ago) (diff),|
Trac Wiki Editor 4 Eclipse
!WikiEditor4Eclipse is a new plug-in providing Trac Wiki editing capabilities to Eclipse IDE.
- Trac Wiki Servers explorer
- Eclipse Wiki Editor: currently, it borrows the editor from the original EclipseTracPlugin plugin.
- Wiki Page managment: Creation, edition and page deletion.
- Concurrent edition management:
- Prevents overwriting other users changes when a concurrent edit happens.
- Helps merge contents when a concurrent edit happens.
- Bugs/Feature Requests
- Runing Tests
- Recent Changes
- [download:eclipsetracplugin/tracrpcext/0.10 TracRpcExt] (optional): !WikiEditor4Eclipse reuses TracRpcExt plugin from EclipseTracPlugin to provide a page history view. This dependency is optional as the editor can work without it, but if its not installed and enabled you will miss page history functionality.
- Add http://trac-hacks.org/svn/wikieditorforeclipseplugin/trunk/releases/update-site to Eclipse Update Manager (Help -> Software Upates -> Available Software -> Add Site). This plugin requires Java Runtime version 1.5 or higher and Eclipse SDK 3.2 or higher (it was tested successfully on Eclipse SDK 3.4.2).
- Wiki Editor Prespective:
- Merging conflicting changes
You can help improving the wiki editor. If you find something anoying, something wrong or something missing you may want to file a new ticket.
You can also search for existing bugs and feature requests in !WikiEditor4Eclipse are here.
This plugin is composed by:
- Java Wiki RPC Client Library: this library features a WikiClient high level API to access
- Set of Eclipse plugins: Eclipse wiki source editor and management capabilities.
Building from Source
In order to build !WikiEditor4Eclipse you will need the following software:
- Subversion client
- Java JDK >= 1.5
- Tycho maven plugin (tested with version 0.3.0-DEV-1819)
- Eclipse SDK >= 3.2 (tested with version 3.4.2)
svn co http://trac-hacks.org/svn/wikieditorforeclipseplugin/trunk/source/ WikiEditor4Eclipse cd WikiEditor4Eclipse /opt/tycho-distribution-0.3.0-DEV-1819/bin/mvn \ -Dtycho.targetPlatform=/opt/eclipse/eclipse-SDK-3.4.2 \ clean install -Dmaven.test.skip
This will create a local eclipse update site at !WikiEditor4Eclipse/source/eclipse/org.trachacks.wikieditor.eclipse.site/target/site you can point Eclipse Update Manager to.
In order to run automated tests against a Trac server you will need to setup a local server
TODO how to set up tests prerequisites