|Version 11 (modified by rjollos, 5 years ago) (diff)|
How to Adopt Unmaintained Hacks
When owners of one of the hacks hosted on http://trac-hacks.org retires, the hack may be adopted by interested parties to maintain and further the hack for the Trac community. The standard procedure is:
- Open a ticket for the hack in question, ask about it's maintainership status on th-users mailing list and tell the audience that you'd be willing to take over maintainership. Then sit back and wait for at least two weeks, to see if the author of the hack replies.
- If the author replies, he/she decides how to proceed. He/she could deny your request, ask us to give you read/write permission for the hack in the repository, or even pass (maintainer|owner)ship to you.
- If the author does not reply, reply to your original post on the th-users mailing list. The trac-hacks admins then grant write permission to the repository.
Available for Adoption
The following hacks are currently available for adoption and can be adopted immediately.
No resources found
After Adopting a Hack
Make the following changes to the hack:
- Change the Owner of open tickets from the previous maintainer to the new maintainer.
- Add your username to the Maintainer field on the hack's wiki page.
- Add your username to the list of Tags on the hack's wiki page.
- If the plugin has a setup.py file, you can add your name and email address to the maintainer and maintainer_email fields, respectively1 2.
- Edit the following line on the hack's wiki page to set yourself as the owner for new tickets (the adopter's username is newmaintainer in this example)3.
If you have any issues, create a [/newticket?component=UserStatsMacro&owner=newmaintainer new ticket].
- 1. This step will also allow you to verify that you have write access to the repository.
- 2. To see an example, take a look at this file.
- 3. After completing this step you may want to select the new ticket link and verify that a ticket opened from the plugin's wiki page is assigned to you. You may also want to open a ticket using the New Ticket link in the main navigation bar and verify that the ticket is assigned to you in that case as well. The latter case depends on the trac-hacks admin assigning you as the hack's owner, so it is good to check that this was done correctly and follow-up with the admin if not.