Restrict allowed username
|Reported by:||rjollos||Owned by:||rjollos|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||user registration check|
|Cc:||hasienda, otaku42||Trac Release:||0.11|
Description (last modified by rjollos)
Some solutions were proposed:
- Prevent some common words from being used as usernames (e.g. admin).
- Minimum length for usernames.
It was also suggested that we might increase the min length for auto-wikification.
Some thought should also be given to how we will deal with improper usernames that we don't think of beforehand and preemptively blacklist. If we can confirm that they are really spam, then we just delete the accounts, but if they are not spam, perhaps we can just immediately contact the user and help them to change their username.
Change History (13)
Changed 3 years ago by rjollos
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by rjollos
- Cc hasienda otaku42 added; anonymous removed
- Owner changed from hasienda to rjollos
comment:10 in reply to: ↑ 9 ; follow-ups: ↓ 11 ↓ 12 Changed 4 months ago by hasienda
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed