Cenario - for every component required to change properties, Trac administrator has to follow this steps:
- Select "Trac Admin" -> [./admin];
- Then "Components" link -> [./admin/ticket/components];
- Locate the component to edit and click on to edit it;
- Change component properties as required and save.
Proposal - when render [[Components(...)]] macro, place an icon (or bullet) and a link (like [./admin/ticket/components/COMPONENT-NAME] left to component name. See image below
- First icon adapted from Google Sites.
- Other icons got from http://p.yusukekamiyamane.com/icons/search/fugue/#keyword=edit (also used by WikiExtrasPlugin). Just got different to illustrate and submit for vote.
- Edit property / icon will show if user has TRAC_ADMIN or other level which allows him to edit a component.
- Ryan, I´m also copying this ticket to you because I´m in doubt if you are a new maintainer. I think you´ll find it useful too.