Auto-generated acronyms from a table in a Wiki page
Automatically generates HTML acronyms from definitions in tables in a Wiki page (AcronymDefinitions by default).
Acronyms are in the form <acronym>[<id>] and are defined in a table with four columns:
Acronym, Description [, URL [, ID URL]]
Only the first two columns are required.
URL can be the name of a wiki page, the name of which does not have to be CamelCase and can even be a subpage (e.g. MyPage/MySubPage), or an external resource. If an <id> is provided, the ID URL is used and any occurrences of the symbol $1 in the description and the ID URL are substituted with the <id>.
Rows starting with ||' are ignored.
Known (Confirmed) Issues
- Valid acronyms with underlined wiki markup are not tagged as acronyms (#8377)
- Character subsets of words are matched as acronyms (#8429)
- Allow multiple acronym definition pages to be specified (#8420)
- Allow for a common Acronyms file for multiple projects (#8404)
- Allow CamelCase words to be acronyms (#8267)
- 07-Jan-2011: Plugin is being actively maintained for Trac 0.11 and Trac 0.12. The older versions such as the 0.9 branch are not maintained, however patches will be accepted.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
Create a Wiki page holding your acronym definitions in the way described above (for example Acronyms).
In trac.ini add the following section to make the plugin aware of this storage page:
[acronym] page = AcronymDefinitions
The storage page is AcronymDefinitions by default if not specified in trac.ini.
The following acronym definition table:
||'''Acronym'''||'''Description''' ||'''URL''' ||'''ID URL'''|| ||RFC ||Request For Comment $1 ||http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html ||http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc$1.txt|| ||RFC2316 ||Request For Comment 2316 ||Rfc2316 || ||
Has the following effect:
<a href="http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html"> <acronym title="Request For Comment"> RFC </acronym> </a>
<a href="http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2315.txt"> <acronym title="Request For Comment 2315"> RFC 2315 </acronym> </a>
<a href="Rfc2316"> <acronym title="Request For Comment 2316"> RFC2316 </acronym> </a>
Show plugin's svn revision on webadmin plugin panel.
Bumped plugin version number to 0.2dev and added minimum required version for Trac.
Removing egg files and adding svn:ignore for *.egg-info.