Autofill authenticated user's session settings from Active Directory
This patch adds functionality to retrieve email and name from an Active Directory server for a logged in user if their either their 'Name' and/or 'Email' session settings are blank. Looks for [session] trac.ini flags to enable/disable each.
- Trac 0.11dev-r5883 or newer (might work with lower revs, but this is what I tested on);
NOTE: this patch adds module-level imports in session.py for the two required modules, pywin32 and active_directory. These imports are wrapped inside (1) a platform sanity-check (platform.system() == 'Windows') and (2) each import is within its own try/except. If any of the checks fail, then none of the new code will ever be reached.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
- install the required modules: pywin32 and active_directory
- Apply the file patch session_patch.diff to your existing /trac/web/session.py (or just copy (and rename) the provided session_full.py over your existing /trac/web/session.py -- BUT BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FIRST!!)
- Modify your trac.ini file:
[session] ## this setting indicates that if the user hasn't filled ## in a name on their 'Preferences' page, go try and ## grab it from the LDAP/AD server (the 'displayName' user property) ## defaults: ## get_name_from_ldap_if_empty = false ## get_name_from_ldap_userattribute = displayName get_name_from_ldap_if_empty = true get_name_from_ldap_userattribute = displayName ## this setting indicates that if the user hasn't filled ## in an email on their 'Preferences' page, go try and ## grab it from the LDAP/AD server (the 'mail' user property) ## defaults: ## get_email_from_ldap_if_empty = false ## get_email_from_ldap_userattribute = mail get_email_from_ldap_if_empty = true get_email_from_ldap_userattribute = mail
Renaming per request, see th-users mailing list.
- added patch, README, sample ini file