A plugin for displaying code tags (XXX, FIXME, TODO, etc.)
Demo here, git repository. Since I cannot find any documentation directly I just wanted to tell you people that you need a subdirectory named cache thats writeable by your trac to make this work. Oh and dont wonder that it takes so much time the first time used ;). Also don't forget to grant the CODETAGS_VIEW permission.
To enable in the trac.ini:
[components] codetags.* = enabled
Additional configuration options in trac.ini:
[code-tags] scan_files = *.html, *.py, *.c, *.h, *.hh, *.m, *.pch, *.hpp scan_folders = trunk/*, branches/* tags = XXX, TODO, FIXME, BUG
scan_files allows you to define specific file types to scan (default: *)
scan_folders specifies which directories within the repository to scan (default: *)
exclude_folders specifies directories that are subdirectories of scan_folders but don't need to be scanned
exclude_files specifies files that shouldn't be scanned even though they're included by scan_files
tags allows you to specify what tags to locate, though only the defaults are colored at all. (default: XXX, TODO, FIXME)
By default, this plugin doesn't ignore binary files. If you use svn/trac in a web-dev environment, this is a pain, since the tagger finds tags in files such as .gif.
This, however, shouldn't be a serious problem because CodeTagsPlugin plugin searches for word boundaries (regex '\b') at the edges of words.
Last Release Version
- When moving/deleting files with TODO tags in them, they will not disappear from the list
- I've tested this and it works fine for me - rjollos 2009-08-03.
- Under 0.12 stable we got a error "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'youngest_rev'", the patch CodeTags-0.12-get_repository.patch fixes this problem. All Repository request should use RepositoryManager as described in http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/ApiChanges/0.12
- Should be fixed with commit 0b0baaa, as it uses the Environment's backwards-compatibility API correctly.
- Does not handle multiple repositories well
- if no default set, get_repository(None) will return None
- Even if a default is set, it will only parse this repository
- Fixed by patch basic_multirepo_support.patch
Since the tracker has no CodeTags component I will put that here:
- feature "upgrade CodeTag? to issue". Click on one of the CodeTags? to be brought to a "New Ticket" page, with fields already completed (will require some parsing). Bonus points if the CodeTag? (and surrounding comments, which might be numerous) can optionally be removed from the SVN and a commit log entry automatically generated.
- Having a huge code base makes the table with the tags so huge that even modern browsers can hardly display it. Maybe:
- Split it up into multiple pages
- Choose display for only specified tags
- Chose display for only specified path in repository
- Allowing regex's for the [code-tags] fields would increase flexibility (scan_files, scan_folders, tags).