|Version 1 (modified by osimons, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Self-contained Blog plugin
This is a preview relase, only available for an up-to-date 0.11dev. The implemented features should work as expected, but some features are not yet completed.
Basic features are:
- Create, edit and view blog posts under a new 'Blog' menu.
- Browse post by month, category and author + and Archive page for all posts.
- Comments for blog posts.
- Admin page for basic settings.
- Permissions for BLOG_VIEW, BLOG_COMMENT, BLOG_MODIFY_OWN, BLOG_MODIFY_ALL, BLOG_ADMIN.
- Special handling of a post named 'about'.
- Area in sidebar for information text, blogroll, links and similar.
Some features will not be completed before ongoing Trac context refactoring and timeline API changes are nearing completion:
- Attachments on blog posts.
- Posts and comments in timeline.
- Diff between version of the post.
- Delete post version, delete post and delete comment.
- Fine-grained permissions - currently only 0.10 style permissions are implemented as there is no context/resource system implemented.
- XmlRpcPlugin support.
- Use in production at your own risk as it is still a 'preview'.
- Don't file tickets for tasks that are missing as in 'not implemented' (see list above).
- Feedback is most welcome - see osimons to get in touch with me by mail or on the #trac channel.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
- Install the plugin in your preferred manner.
- Enable the plugin:
[components] tracfullblog.* = enabled
- Run trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade
- Restart server and see it work.
-  by osimons on 2013-12-09 12:03:49
FullBlogPlugin: Conform to latest version of Tags API. Closes #11435.
-  by osimons on 2012-10-04 09:10:57
FullBlogPlugin: Add a BLOG_DELETE permission used for deleting posts and comments. Closes #8652.
-  by osimons on 2012-10-04 09:05:03
FullBlogPlugin: Added a unit test for getting blog posts by category.