|Version 12 (modified by osimons, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Self-contained Blog plugin
This is a
beta production-ready release, available for an up-to-date 0.11dev. The implemented features should work as expected.
Basic features are:
- Create, edit and view blog posts under a new 'Blog' menu.
- Browse post by month, category and author + and Archive page for all posts.
- Attachments on blog posts.
- Comments for blog posts.
- Posts and comments in Timeline / RSS.
- Search for blog posts and comments.
- Admin page for basic settings and informational text in sidebar.
- Permissions for BLOG_VIEW, BLOG_COMMENT, BLOG_MODIFY_OWN, BLOG_MODIFY_ALL, BLOG_ADMIN.
- Support for Trac fine-grained permissions security checks (based on resource / realm).
- Special handling of a post named 'about'.
- Area in sidebar for information text, blogroll, links and similar.
- Link provider, like [blog:this_is_my_post] and [blog:category/trac] and [blog:2007/10].
- Delete post version, delete post and delete comment.
- A tags provider for TagsPlugin if plugin is available.
- A [[BlogList]] news-listing macro with various display modes for pulling blog posts into the wiki.
Some planned features are not yet done:
- Diff between version of the post.
- XmlRpcPlugin support.
Feedback is most welcome - see osimons to get in touch with me by mail or on the #trac channel.
The plugin in action (old-ish screenshot):
To see the blog in action, visit its 'home' at http://www.coderesort.com/about/blog
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
- Install the plugin in your preferred manner.
- Enable the plugin:
[components] tracfullblog.* = enabled
- Run trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade.
- Restart server and as TRAC-ADMIN you should now see 'Blog' in menu.
- Add one or more permissions to let users view, create, comment and modify posts (see list above).
The link to 'Blog' in menu will appear last. To move it, edit your trac.ini config file to add blog into the ordered list:
[trac] mainnav = wiki,blog,timeline,....
-  by osimons on 2013-12-09 12:03:49
FullBlogPlugin: Conform to latest version of Tags API. Closes #11435.
-  by osimons on 2012-10-04 09:10:57
FullBlogPlugin: Add a BLOG_DELETE permission used for deleting posts and comments. Closes #8652.
-  by osimons on 2012-10-04 09:05:03
FullBlogPlugin: Added a unit test for getting blog posts by category.