|Version 4 (modified by osimons, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Self-contained Blog plugin
This is a preview relase, only available for an up-to-date 0.11dev. The implemented features should work as expected, but some features are not yet completed.
Basic features are:
- Create, edit and view blog posts under a new 'Blog' menu.
- Browse post by month, category and author + and Archive page for all posts.
- Comments for blog posts.
- Search for blog posts and comments.
- Admin page for basic settings.
- Permissions for BLOG_VIEW, BLOG_COMMENT, BLOG_MODIFY_OWN, BLOG_MODIFY_ALL, BLOG_ADMIN.
- Special handling of a post named 'about'.
- Area in sidebar for information text, blogroll, links and similar.
- Link provider, like [blog:this_is_my_post] and [blog:category/trac] and [blog:2007/10].
Some features will not be completed before ongoing Trac context refactoring and timeline API changes are nearing completion:
- Attachments on blog posts.
- Posts and comments in timeline.
- Diff between version of the post.
- Delete post version, delete post and delete comment.
- Fine-grained permissions - currently only 0.10 style permissions are implemented as there is no context/resource system implemented.
- XmlRpcPlugin support.
- Use in production at your own risk as it is still a 'preview'.
- Don't file tickets for tasks that are missing as in 'not implemented' (see list above).
- Feedback is most welcome - see osimons to get in touch with me by mail or on the #trac channel.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
- Install the plugin in your preferred manner.
- Enable the plugin:
[components] tracfullblog.* = enabled
- Run trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade.
- Restart server and as TRAC-ADMIN you should now see 'Blog' in menu.
- Add one or more permissions to let users view, create, comment and modify posts (see list above).
The link to 'Blog' in menu will appear last. To move it, edit your trac.ini config file to add blog into the ordered list:
[trac] mainnav = wiki,blog,timeline,....
-  by osimons on 2013-12-09 12:03:49
FullBlogPlugin: Conform to latest version of Tags API. Closes #11435.
-  by osimons on 2012-10-04 09:10:57
FullBlogPlugin: Add a BLOG_DELETE permission used for deleting posts and comments. Closes #8652.
-  by osimons on 2012-10-04 09:05:03
FullBlogPlugin: Added a unit test for getting blog posts by category.