Hudson Trac Integration Plugin (works also for Jenkins)
Note: as of version 0.4 this plugin requires Hudson 1.367 or later; if you are running an earlier version of Hudson then you'll need to grab r7912 instead.
As with all plugins, you must enable it explicitly, either via Trac's UI (Admin -> General -> Plugins) or by directly editing the trac.ini:
[components] hudsontrac.* = enabled
There are 13 options you can configure in your trac.ini under the section [hudson] (if you have the IniAdminPlugin installed they will show up on the Trac Admin page under hudson):
- The url of the top-level hudson page if you want to display all jobs in the timeline, or a job or module url if you want only display builds from a single job or module. Examples: http://localhost/hudson/ (for builds from all jobs), http://localhost/hudson/job/build_foo/ (for builds from the build_foo job only). The default is http://localhost/hudson/.
- The username to use when accessing hudson; leave empty if no authentication is needed. Default is empty.
- The password to use when accessing hudson; leave empty if no authentication is needed. Default is empty.
- The API Token to use to access Jenkins. This takes precendence over any password and is the preferred mechanism if you are running Jenkins 1.426 or later and Jenkins is enforcing authentication (as opposed to, for example, a proxy in front of Jenkins).
- If set to true then display the builds of individual modules in the timeline too; otherwise only builds of jobs are displayed. Default is false.
- The url of the hudson page to link to from the trac mainnav; if empty, no entry is created in the mainnav. Example: /hudson/. The default is /hudson/.
- The label to use for the above link; defaults to Hudson Builds.
- If set to true then open the above hudson page in a new tab (or window) instead of in the current tab/window. Not used if main_page is not set. Default is false.
- Display a green ball instead of the standard blue one for successful builds. Default is false.
- Whether to display the build descriptions for each build instead of the canned "Build finished successfully" etc messages. Default is true.
- If true, builds that have started but not yet completed will also be displayed in the timeline.
- If set to true then each build entry in the timeline will also list all the changesets that triggered the build.
- Display the culprit(s) for each build. This is a comma-separated list of zero or more of the following tokens: starter, author, authors, culprit, culprits. starter is the user that started the build, if any; author is the author of the first commit, if any; authors is the list of authors of all commits; culprit is the first of what hudson thinks are the culprits that caused the build; and culprits is the list of all culprits. If this option is a list, the first non-empty value is used. Example: starter,authors (this would show who started the build if it was started manually, else list the authors of the commits that triggered the build if any, else show no author for the build).
Example trac.ini (not necessary if using the defaults):
[hudson] job_url = http://localhost/hudson/job/build_foo/ main_page = /hudson/job/build_foo/ alternate_success_icon = true
Lastly, make sure you assign users the BUILD_VIEW permission in order for them to be able to see the builds in the timeline.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download and Source
If you are upgrading from version 0.3 of this plugin (pre r9467) then make sure you're running Hudson 1.367 or later.
If you are upgrading from version 0.2 of this plugin (pre r6683) then you will need to make the following changes:
- the feed_url option has been replaced by the job_url option; the latter points to the top-level hudson page or to a job page, not an RSS feed anymore.
- the display_subprojects has been renamed display_modules
- you must assign users the BUILD_VIEW permission in order for them to see the builds
- The python-feedparser library is no longer required.
Deleted empty 0.9 directory.
Bumped version to 0.5.
Add support for API Token introduced in Jenkins 1.426.
Allow changing of the label used in the timeline options.
- HudsonPluginScreenshot.png (26.0 kB) -
Screenshot of timeline with a couple hudson builds, the "Hudson Builds" checkbox, and the "Builds" menu item, added by roadrunner on 04/28/10 13:46:21.
- hudson_plugin_screenshot.png (26.0 kB) -
Screenshot of timeline with a couple hudson builds, the "Hudson Builds" checkbox, and the "Builds" menu item, added by roadrunner on 04/28/10 14:38:53.
- hudson_plugin_screenshot.jpg (63.4 kB) -
Screenshot of timeline with a couple hudson builds, the "Hudson Builds" checkbox, and the "Builds" menu item, added by roadrunner on 04/28/10 14:42:39.