iCalendar plugin for ticket queries
Provide iCalendar feeds for ticket queries as standard roadmap module. It use 2 optional custom fields for event date and duration.
Zero configuration needed to start using the module. Without start date and duration, tickets can use the due date of associated milestone. To plan tickets the date and duration fields must be set in trac.ini
Setup custom fields for date and duration
To transform a ticket to an event, we need at least a date. Trac only provide a creation date or an update date. So we need a planned date by adding a custom field, and set this new field as the dtstart field for events in (see RFC/2445).
[ticket-custom] my_custom_dtstart_field = text my_custom_dtstart_field.label = Planned Date [icalendar] dtstart = my_custom_dtstart_field
We also need a duration fields :
[ticket-custom] ... my_custom_duration_field = text my_custom_duration_field.label = Duration [icalendar] duration = my_custom_duration_field
Date and duration input format
Default input date format are : "'%m/%d/%Y" (month/day/year) for strict date and and "%m/%d/%Y %H:%M" for date and time.
To customize this format, use the "short_date_format" and "date_time_format" configuration options :
[icalendar] short_date_format = %d/%m/%Y date_time_format = %d/%m/%Y %H:%M
to support multiple format, use a ';' to separate them:
[icalendar] short_date_format = %d/%m/%Y;%Y-%m-%d date_time_format = %d/%m/%Y %H:%M;%Y-%m-%d %H:%M
Duration fied support 4 syntaxes :
- Standard hours:minutes format : H:MM ( "8:45" "12:30" ...)
- a number of days ending by a 'd' : 15d
- the standard RFC/2445 duration begining with a "P" : "P1W" "P1D" ...
Some tips :
- Tickets with a planned date and no duration are planned as a day event
- Tickets without a planned date are transfomed as TODO. For tickets attached to a milestone, the due date of the milestone is used as TODO due date (since 0.2).
icalandar support the priority tags but use an integer from 1 (highest) to 9 (lowest). So we need a map to transform trac priorities to integer. The plugin integrate a default mapping :
'blocker' : 1 'critical' : 2 'major' : 6 'minor' : 8 'trivial' : 9
You can customise the mapping and adding other values with the configuration option 'custom_priority_map':
[icalendar] custom_priority_map = major:3;lessmajor:4;lessmajorbutnotminor:5;crazy:1;undefined:0
The calendar is read only.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download and Source
Add a iCalendar links in ticket's queries footer.
- adding description of tickets (#6323 thanks to clown for the patch). We do not yet filter Wiki tags from description, I hope fix it in a future release.
Resolve some problems :
- Fix #6325 : charset bug which can stop installation (thanks to clown for the patch)
- Fix #6322 : bug with user defined priority (thanks to clown for the patch)
- Better support for timezone
- adding support for milestone due date for tickets without not planned.
- initial release