|Version 23 (modified by rjollos, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Autocomplete feature for the keywords field
See also LoomingCloudsPlugin.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download and Source
The Keywords Label can be the link to a wiki page.
Following section must be added to trac.ini configuration file:
[keywordsuggest] keywords = tag1,tag2,tag3 mustmatch = False helppage = wiki/TicketKeywords helppage.newwindow = False matchcontains = True multipleseparator = ,
There are two parameters to configure:
- keywords - specifies list of comma separated values available for input
- mustmatch - optional, if specified, 'keywords' field accepts values from the keywords list only
- helppage - optional, if specified, 'keywords' label will be turned into the link to a resource. This could be a wiki page, or any resource in any realm, such as the tags page (helppage = tags).
- helppage.newwindow - optional, whether wiki page opened in new window or not`
- matchcontains - optional, whether keywords which matched not from the beginning must be included into list
- multipleseparator - which character(s) is used as separator between keywords. Must be enclosed with quotas or other characters. If not specified, ', ' is used.
-  by rjollos on 2012-10-03 07:38:09
- Moved generation of keywords string into a private method.
- Several other refactorings, backed by unit tests.
- In Trac 1.0 and later, jQuery-UI from the Trac core is added to the page. The ability to add jQuery-UI to the page was added in Trac 1.0.
-  by rjollos on 2012-10-03 03:31:24
- Strip single quotes from the multipleseparator Option value. This allows the user to specify a single whitespace separator as ' ' (which is not necessary since a single whitespace is the default), or even dream up separators such as double whitespace as ' '. A single whitespace character is used as the separator in the case the user specifies ''. Thanks to itamarost for pointing out this corner case in his original patch.
- Wired up unit tests.
- Renamed keywords.py to web_ui.py, to work around an issue described in comment:39, in which the keywordsuggest.keywordsuggest module was not being found by the keywordsuggest.tests.keywordsuggest module when running unit tests.
NOTE: If you have enabled the plugin through webadmin or by editing trac.ini with keywordsuggest.keywordsuggest.* = enabled, you will need to re-enable the plugin through webadmin, or edit the line to keywordsuggest.web_ui.* = enabled (or keywordsuggest.web_ui.keywordsuggestmodule = enabled).
-  by rjollos on 2012-10-02 09:37:00
- Allow whitespace as a separator. The default separator, if not otherwise specified, is whitespace.
- Trim extra whitespace when selecting a keyword.
- Removed fix-up of keyword list on the client-side. This is done on the server side (although there appears to be room for improvement there).