[Patch] Added compatibility with PostgreSQL
|Reported by:||s.noack@…||Owned by:||hasienda|
Based on #3290, I have modified formdb.py to work with PostgreSQL. The changes done by #3290 basically worked except the creation of tables and indexes. Following changes were required to make it work with PostgreSQL:
- The syntax for auto incrementing fields of PostgreSQL differs from sqlite and mysql. - Primary keys must be defined in the line of the column, instead of at the end of the CREATE TABLE statement. - Use DROP INDEX ... instead of ALTER TABLE ... DROP INDEX ... - Omit DESC keyword when creating indexes.
Maybe you can switch for the database backend when creating the tables and indexes. It would be nice if it would work out of the box with PostgreSQL. TracFormsPlugin is the only of 5 plugins I am using which didn't worked out of the box after migrating to MySQL.
Change History (32)
Changed 6 years ago by s.noack@…
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by rjollos
- Summary changed from Added compatibly with PostgreSQL to [Patch] Added compatibly with PostgreSQL
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by hasienda
- Keywords PostgreSQL compatibility added
- Owner changed from rharkins to hasienda
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:23 Changed 4 years ago by hasienda
- Summary changed from [Patch] Added compatibly with PostgreSQL to [Patch] Added compatibility with PostgreSQL