Integration with TaskFreak! or other task management software
|Reported by:||rjollos||Owned by:||anybody|
I've been thinking that a nice plugin might be an integration with TaskFreak! or a similar web-based task management software. Some things I had in mind are:
- Associate tasks with tickets so that tasks could be fine-grained work associated with a ticket.
- Display tasks and tickets together in a single report.
- TracLink for tasks.
- Some macros to list tasks.
- Associate tasks with milestones.
- Link Projects in TaskFreak! with Milestones in Trac. For instance, every milestone could be a Project in TaskFreak!, but one may want to also have Projects in TaskFreak! that are not milestones.
- Provide separate user and team views of tasks.
The one thing I don't like about TaskFreak! is that I have yet to find a desktop client, although perhaps some of the Trac desktop clients could be modified to support tasks.
My primary interest in this is so I can have other aspects of the engineering process handled in Trac, such as mechanical and hardware engineering. The ticket interface and workflow we use for software are not ideal for managing these other aspects of a project in Trac, and there is also not great support for multiple workflows and multiple ticket types with different fields.
If anyone else has an interest in this, let's discuss.
See also #240.