Extended Version Plugin
The Trac ticket module has the concept of a version, but it is only visible as a name in a drop-down on a ticket. This plugin adds version description pages, a roadmap-like view of versions, and the ability to assign milestones to versions. Most features are optional. This plugin is for Trac 0.12 and later.
- The version page shows the name, date, description and any assigned milestones. If milestones are assigned, it shows the overall progress for the version and the progress on each milestone.
- The version roadmap looks very similar to the milestone roadmap.
- Milestones assigned to versions have the version noted beside the due date.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Installation & Configuration
Download the zipped source from here.
The easiest way to install the ExtendedVersionPlugin is probably with easy_install:
Alternatively, download the source and run the usual
python setup.py install
After installing the plugin, enable it for the trac environment in the TracIni file:
[components] extendedversion.* = enabled
This plugin requires some database changes, so upgrade the environment. Trac will prompt you to if you don't.
trac-admin /path/to/trac upgrade
[extended_version] # whether to replace the roadmap navigation link or add a versions navigation link roadmap_navigation = false # component to use to provide group ticket statistics for versions version_stats_provider = DefaultTicketGroupStatsProvider # component to use to provide group ticket statistics for milestones in version page milestone_stats_provider = DefaultTicketGroupStatsProvider # whether to show milestone description for version pages show_milestone_description = false
The default configuration adds a Versions item to the main navigation bar. To instead change the Roadmap item to link to the versions page, set the roadmap_navigation to true.
- Highlight the Versions entry in the main navigation bar when on the page for a version. Patch by email@example.com.
- Added a Back to Versions entry in the contextual navigation for the version page.
- Implement IResourceManager so that attachments can be added.
- Attachments section on the version view page was not folding.
- Set focus on the #name element when the edit version page loads.
- Add a datetimepicker in Trac 1.0 and later, where it is provided by Trac.
- Added additional author to file headers.
- Cleaned up imports in roadmap.py.
- Bumped version to 1.0dev. A change log will be maintained after the initial 1.0 release.
- Renamed extendedversion.css to version.css
- Use CSS from roadmap.css rather than redefining it in version.css.
- Fixed layout of milestone progress bar on the version view with Trac 1.0.
- Made strings on the version view template translatable.