Patch containing bugfixes and enhancements for TracDiscussion 0.7
|Reported by:||Owned by:||Radek Bartoň|
The DiscussionPlugin is a well-designed and very useful Trac plugin. In attempting to use it, I discovered a few bugs, which this patch fixes. I also found a need for a couple of usability enhancements, especially for projects with a large number of users.
All of these are described below:
- Display reply count in forum list as an integer rather than a FP number.
- In several places the code was checking for a ':'-separated subscriber list instead of a comma-separated list, thus leaving commas embedded as part of the email address, and failing to deliver the email in some cases.
- In the email notification code, self.config.get() was called instead of self.config.getlist(), resulting in trying to concatenate a string to a list. This failed, and resulted in a traceback.
- In the notification emails, in some cases, the list of moderators (when more than one) did not have any separator character(s) and therefore abutted one another. Added ', ' separator.
- Forum and Topic invitation emails could not be successfully parsed by the DiscussionPlugin email2trac code because the words 'forum' and 'topic' in the subject had no leading capital letter. Since all other notification emails had those words capitalized, these two notification email subjects were changed to conform. email2trac can now be used to reply to them.
- The only way to add subscribers to forums and topics was to type them in manually. For Trac administrators whose projects have many users, and where they wish to subscribe many or all of their users, this was too time-consuming. So all moderator forms where subscribers can be added or edited now include both a select list of users as well as an input text box. These are concatenated internally as a single subscriber list.
- In the case of many users, the moderator select list and the new subscriber select list would get too long, and so the code has been changed to display no more than 6 names at a time. If there are more than 6 users, the list scrolls.
- For readability, the forum list and forum admin list display multiple moderators, and in the case of the forum admin list, multiple subscribers, as a comma-separated list. In some cases, the list was formerly space-separated.
I made minimum code changes to support all the above. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. It's a great plugin, and I hope this will make it even more useful.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by
|Summary:||Patch containing bugfixes and enhacement for TracDiscussion 0.7 → Patch containing bugfixes and enhancements for TracDiscussion 0.7|