|Version 6 (modified by rjollos, 7 years ago) (diff)|
How to Adopt Unmaintained Hacks
When owners of one of the hacks hosted on http://trac-hacks.org retires, the hack may be adopted by interested parties to maintain and further the hack for the Trac community. The standard procedure is:
- Open a ticket for the hack in question, ask about it's maintainership status on th-users mailing list and tell the audience that you'd be willing to take over maintainership. Then sit back and wait for at least two weeks, to see if the author of the hack replies.
- If the author replies, he/she decides how to proceed. He/she could deny your request, ask us to give you read/write permission for the hack in the repository, or even pass (maintainer|owner)ship to you.
- If the author does not reply, post the request to the th-users mailing list. The trac-hacks admins then grant commit-right to the repository.
After Adopting a Hack
Make the following changes to the hack's wiki page.
- Change the Owner of open tickets from the previous maintainer to the new maintainer.
- Add your username to the Maintainer field.
- Add your username to the list of Tags.
- Edit the following line to set yourself as the owner for new tickets (the adopter's username is newmaintainer in this example).
If you have any issues, create a [/newticket?component=UserStatsMacro&owner=newmaintainer new ticket].