This is a simple plugin to reject attachments, using file-extension based rules. It offers guidance to the user as to how alternatives for uploading the file can be performed.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
General instructions on installing Trac plugins can be found on the TracPlugins page.
trac.ini file, add a new section
- keys match the mime file type to exclude
- values gives a brief description that is shown to the user to explain why the file is rejected
[attachment_filter] application/vnd.ms-excel = Microsoft Excel documents should be attached as PDF files application/vnd.ms-powerpoint = Microsoft PowerPoint documents should be attached as PDF files application/msword = Microsoft Word documents should be attached as PDF files image/bmp = Microsoft bitmap images should be attached as PNG images
To obtain the exact MIME type string:
- Set up your Trac installation to show/dump INFO log message.
- Attach a file of the (un)desired type.
- Look for the plugin trace that shows the file name and the MIME type:
$ grep Filename .../log/trac.log 2011-05-16 15:49:26,299 Trac[filter] INFO: Filename stuff.doc, filetype application/msword
- Add this new MIME type to the
- Restart your Trac engine.