|Version 17 (modified by 5 years ago) (diff),|
- add some enhancements and i18n support (open: 0)
- changed repository layout, long-standing enhancement (#6266) added to trunk branch (open: 1)
- Maintainership handed over from vnaum to hasienda (open: 3 tickets)
CC selector plugin
Notice: This plugin is unmaintained and available for adoption.
This plugin allows "visual" CC field editing.
A pop-up window with bunch of checkboxes is opened, user checks boxes, email addresses are added to and removed from Cc ticket field.
[Comment for the original author: Pretty useless, if you ask me, but my PM team finds this useful.]
It works with both Trac 0.10, 0.11, and 0.12 (since rev3531). I18n support for Trac >= 0.12 is planned to be added to the 0.11 branch in a backwards-compatible way.
Developer list is fetched from Trac DB. Users who logged in at least once
session table) and have 'TICKET_VIEW' permission are
file) for some reason - you should stick with the older release.
Of course, you can always edit the Cc field without all this hassle - all addresses you entered manually will be shown, too - and can be removed with new, shiny checkboxes.
See AutocompleteUsersPlugin for another way to help with filling the Cc ticket field.
Download and Source
Following options have been added to
trunk branch recently:
[cc_selector] show_fullname = true username_blacklist = user1, 'user 2'
- default: false
- Display full names instead of usernames if available.
- Use case: If most/relevant Trac users prefer full names over usernames aka login/nicknames.
- default: '' (empty string)
- Usernames separated by comma, that should never get listed.
- Use case: Hide administrator accounts from the default list.
Want drop-down box for "assign to" field?
If you want drop-down box for "assign to" field - it's already in Trac since 0.9. All you have to do is set restrict_owner option in trac.ini like:
[ticket] restrict_owner = true
This page has more info on this.
A pop-up window with bunch of checkboxes is opened, user checks boxes, email addresses are added and removed to CC field.
About i18n/l10n support
The development version of this plugin is prepared for localization.
But English message texts are still the (POSIX) default. If this isn't your preferred language, you can
- look, if it's already available from the Trac plugin l10n project at Transifex or
- do it yourself (see the l10n cookbook page for Trac plugins for more details).
Top translations: Trac_Plugin-L10N » cc_selector
Preparing the plugin from source requires no additional steps for compiling message catalog files. Only to include translations marked as
# fuzzy by the translator, you'll want to do a manual message catalog compilation with the extra
-f argument before packaging:
cd ccselectorplugin/ python ./setup.py compile_catalog -f python ./setup.py bdist_egg
Complaints about missing
locale directory are often a side-effect of failure to compile any message catalog for inclusion into Python egg, hence the whole path is missing. Due to a know Trac issue Babel has to be installed prior to Trac, to get it all working as expected.
Again, for more details see the l10n cookbook page for Trac plugins.