CKEditor Wysiwyg Plugin
full_integration mode is not recommended for use in production! It is still experimental, and under development.
The plugin does not contain the CKEditor source. Get it from their SVN - require >= 3.6.
After installation of both the plugin and CKEditor, set the
[ckeditor] editor_source option for this plugin to the path of the CKEditor
The plugin has several modes of integration, determined by the
[ckeditor] editor_type option:
| ||CKEditor with HTML output wrapped in html-processor|
| ||CKEditor with TracWiki output (experimental)|
| ||CKEditor with TracWiki output for ticket fields (experimental); leaves wiki editing as in Trac standard|
| ||CKEditor with TracWiki output for wiki pages (experimental); leaves ticket editing as in Trac standard|
| ||No integration - plain old textarea|
CKEditorPlugin looks like this in Trac:
- Does not co-exist with TracWysiwygPlugin: ensure that only one of them is enabled if both are present in your environment.
- When using the
html_wrappermode and editing an existing wiki page, the page will be rendered in HTML upon save (macros are lost, etc.)
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
Install the plugin:
Get the CKEditor package and deploy it in a URL-accessible path, e.g. the
htdocs directory of your Trac environment:
mkdir /path/to/trac/environment/htdocs/js svn checkout http://svn.ckeditor.com/CKEditor/releases/stable /path/to/trac-env/htdocs/js/ckeditor
Enable it from the Plugins section of the Administration panel, or by adding the following to the
[components] section of your
[components] ckintegration.* = enabled
The following options can be specified in the
[ckeditor] section of your
code_styles List of code styles, which should be processed by CKEditor and displayed in CKEditor dialog 'insert code'. Possible types are one of pygments-styles.
default values: cpp, csharp, java, js, python, sql, default, xml
editor_type Type of integrated editor. Possible types are:
full_integration: CKEditor with TracWiki output (experimental),
only_ticket: CKEditor with TracWiki output for ticket fields (experimental); leaves wiki editing as in Trac standard,
only_wiki: CKEditor with TracWiki output for wiki pages (experimental); leaves ticket editing as in Trac standard,
html_wrapper: CKEditor with HTML output wrapped in html-processor,
none: No integration - leaves editing as in Trac standard
default value: full_integration
You can also type
[[TracIni(ckeditor)]] in any Wiki-Page to get a list of possible options and their descriptions. See also description in plugins-panel.
Sample configuration of a
trac.ini file (default values shown):
[ckeditor] code_styles = cpp, csharp, java, js, python, sql, default, xml editor_type = full_integration editor_source = site/js/ckeditor/ckeditor.js
Known Issues / Limitations
- Marker and text color is not working in headers, see Google-Groups.
- When inserting an image, only full path to image is working.
- When entering a link manually, it is printed with an exclemation mark, see #9562.
- Escaping of CamelCase words is only working the first time, see #9563.
- Copying lists from MS Word does not maintain deeply nested indentations (tested with Word 2003).
Help wanted for further development:
- Killer feature: Support TracWiki syntax (by HTML<->TracWiki conversions? or by making CKEditor's rendering engine emit TracWiki?).
- Insert WikiLinks using cool dialogs (e.g. choose existing page from TitleIndex, insert link to stubbed page & open new tab to create the stubbed page).
- Insert other kinds of TracLinks using cool dialogs (changesets, tickets, other resources).
- Insert images intuitively (selector from attachments / repositories / upload from file-system as attachment or into repository, maybe even drag-and-drop).
- Macro-awareness - select macro to insert from supported macros, expand inserted macros inline.
- 14145 by framay on 2014-09-01 14:02:36
refs #11330: avoid error with Genshi 0.7:
UnicodeError: source returned bytes, but no encoding specified
- 10922 by framay on 2011-11-16 07:28:09
fixes #8850, #8851, #8852: implemented a lot of new functionalities, so named this version
- 10921 by framay on 2011-11-16 07:22:33
tagging old version 1.0dev, before replacing by 1.1dev