|Version 18 (modified by 9 years ago) (diff),|
Self-contained Blog plugin
This plugin provides a project Blog, but unlike TracBlogPlugin and SimpleBlogPlugin it does not use Wiki pages to store the content. It has no dependencies on other plugins.
This is a production-ready release, available for an up-to-date Trac 0.11 installation. The implemented features should work as expected.
Basic features are:
- Create, edit and view blog posts under a new 'Blog' menu.
- Browse post by month, category and author + and Archive page for all posts.
- Attachments on blog posts.
- Comments for blog posts.
- Posts and comments in Timeline / RSS.
- Search for blog posts and comments.
- Admin page for basic settings and informational text in sidebar.
- Permissions for
BLOG_VIEW, BLOG_COMMENT, BLOG_MODIFY_OWN, BLOG_MODIFY_ALL, BLOG_ADMIN.
- Support for Trac fine-grained permissions security checks (based on resource / realm).
- Special handling of a post named 'about'.
- Area in sidebar for information text, blogroll, links and similar.
- Link provider, like
- Delete post version, delete post and delete comment.
- A tags provider for TagsPlugin if plugin is available.
[[BlogList]]news-listing macro with various display modes for pulling blog posts into the wiki.
- Change listener and manipulator APIs for hooking on to changes.
Some planned features are not yet done:
- Diff between version of the post.
- XmlRpcPlugin support.
Feedback is most welcome - see osimons to get in touch with me by mail or on the #trac channel.
The plugin in action (old-ish screenshot):
To see the blog in action, visit its 'home' at http://www.coderesort.com/about/blog
To use it:
- Install TagsPlugin 0.6
- Install FullBlogPlugin
- Upgrade the Trac environment:
trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade
- Run the migration script:
- Confirm the migration succeeded, then remove the old posts (if desired)
migrate-tracblog.py /path/to/environment --delete-only
Take a look at
migrate-tracblog.py --help for more options
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download and Install
- Download the zipped source from [download:fullblogplugin here]. Unzip the file, and
cdinto the directory with correct version (currently 0.11). Run
python setup.py install.
- or, check out the source (ses below) and similarly run
python setup.py installat correct location (like previous alternative). To update the plugin later, you can then just do
svn upto pull down the latest source from repository and install it again.
- or, to install it directly from repository to get the latest version with revision marker, use easy_install:
- Install the plugin in your preferred manner.
- Enable the plugin:
[components] tracfullblog.* = enabled
trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade.
- Restart server and as
TRAC-ADMINyou should now see 'Blog' in menu.
- Add one or more permissions to let users view, create, comment and modify posts (see list above).
The link to 'Blog' in menu will appear last. To move it, edit your
trac.ini config file to add
blog into the ordered list:
[trac] mainnav = wiki,blog,timeline,....
- 16217 by osimons on 2017-02-01 12:59:48
FullBlogPlugin: Render genshi admin template correctly with very latestst jinja2 support in Trac trunk (1.3.2dev).
- 16216 by osimons on 2017-02-01 11:30:06
FullBlogPlugin: Small (but vital) fix for reading version from database correctly.
- 16215 by osimons on 2017-02-01 01:12:08
FullBlogPlugin: Various compatibility fixes to make plugin (apparently) compatible with current Trac trunk at ~1.3.2dev.
Now also with basic tests for web requests.
Also a missing
db.commit()for old compat code.