|Version 2 (modified by 8 years ago) (diff),|
A simple equation solver used as a CAPTCHA
This is a small plugin to present an anonymous user with simple math addition problems in order to submit a new ticket or to make edits in the wiki. Currently there is no customization: it presents two integers in the range of 1 - 10 and asks the user to add them together.
For the future, would be nice if there were multiple types of math problems presented in a way that wouldn't be easy for a bot to recognize.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:mathcaptchaplugin here].
To enable the plugin, add the line:
[components] mathcaptcha.* = enabled
to the components section in trac.ini.
- 8267 by robm on 2010-07-15 15:27:49
Fixed #7155: added patches to support 0.12
- 6763 by robm on 2009-10-20 00:13:38
Added IP address banning and statistics display
- requires a trac-admin PATH upgrade to publish database changes
- added href /mathcaptcha-attempts to show failed attempts by spambots
- added href /mathcaptcha-successful to show successful captchas
- added href /mathcaptcha-clear to clear the captcha database (ordinarily cleared after 30 days)
- IPs are banned after 4 unsuccessful attempts
- banned IPs don't even get the trac interface, only a plain "system offline" page
- 6159 by robm on 2009-07-06 23:04:25
Released version 2.0
- added database code for correct persistence across mod_python/fcgi
- borrowed database boilerplate from http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TicketModeratorPlugin
- refactored validate_mathcaptcha into several methods for ease of future enhancements