|Version 307 (modified by anonymous, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Scrum Burndown in Trac
- 11-4-2008: Version 1.9 of the Scrum Burndown plugin is released. Look here for more information: http://stuq.nl/weblog/2008-11-04/scrum-burndown-plugin-19-released
- Hi all, I have taken over development for this plugin. You can find more information about the story behind this move on my weblog: The Trac Burndown plugin for Scrum. I look forward to improve the plugin! Daan
- Daan from http://stuq.nl/ has graciously volunteered to take over this plugin. He has already come up with a few new features and upgrades, so I'm confident that he'll do a much better job of keeping things up-to-date here than I did. Thanks, Daan!
- Note that you may have to click the 'Start Milestone' button for any sprints that you're in the middle of after you upgrade to the latest version.
A plugin to enable burndown chart capabilities, a common part of Scrum and other agile development methodologies. Look here for all information about the plugin: Scrum Burndown plugin
This plugin is integrated with the TimingAndEstimationPlugin.
Current Version: 1.9
Who's Using It
I'm interested to know how many people are using this plugin. If you download it, please increment this counter: 285
Installation instructions can be found here: Installation instructions
Using the plugin
At the beginning of a sprint, after the tickets have been inputted and estimated in Trac an admin user should click the 'Start Milestone' plugin. This inputs a datetime integer into the milestone table to indicate when the milestone was started. The daily burndown_job.py script will only record hours_remaining entries for milestones that have started, but have not been completed. It should be fairly obvious, then, that an admin user should click the 'Milestone Complete' button at the end of the milestone to prevent the burndown_job from continuing to collect data.
You can view different burndown charts, selectable by milestone and component by choosing from the dropdowns and clicking the 'Show Burndown Chart' button.
In order for this to work, it is imperative that developers keep the 'Estimated Hours' and 'Total Hours' fields accurate and up-to-date on the tickets they are working. The 'Total Hours' field itself should never be manually edited, but rather, it can be changed by inputting positive and negative values into the 'Hours to Add' field.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
- This plugin relies on the TimingAndEstimationPlugin
- Future plans for this plugin will make use of the t:WebAdmin plugin
- BurnDownPlugin is a similar plugin using Fusion Charts Free edition
- AgiloForScrumPlugin is a similar plugin.
- 13150 by rjollos on 2013-05-17 01:38:18
- Fixed incorrect package_data specification (regression from ).
- Renamed config.html to admin_burndown.html in order to better ensure that we'll meet the requirements that template names are unique.
- Changed url in setup.py to point to the trac-hacks site.
Thanks to Jun Omae (jun66j5) for these fixes.
- 13148 by rjollos on 2013-05-16 01:40:27
- Removed Trac pre-0.11 compatibility code.
- Changed module names to follow Trac naming conventions.
- Updated source file headers and added where missing.
Note: If you enabled the plugin through the web admin, or by providing the full module name, you'll need to re-enable the plugin or edit the [components] section:
burndown.burndown_admin_milestones.burndownmilestonesadminpanel = enabled burndown.burndown.burndowncomponent = enabled
burndown.admin.burndownadminpanel = enabled burndown.burndown.burndownmodule = enabled
- 13147 by rjollos on 2013-05-16 00:59:46
Refs #7066, #11069: Removed ClearSilver req.hdf variables.
Current maintainer: daan
Previous maintainer: sambloomquist
- Is there an easy way to move the start date of a sprint into the past? (For example when some tickets of a milestone already have been closed when starting a sprint, immediately after installing this plugin.)