|Version 6 (modified by 9 years ago) (diff),|
SEAT plugin: SEarch wiki and ticket ATtachments
This plugin allows text integral search in wiki and ticket attachments (.pdf, .doc,.ppt,...). The SEAT plugin has the following features:
- new Attachments source to the search page
- an excerpt of the matching documents is presented in the result page
- any format is supported as long as there is a command line tool for plain text conversion (filter command)
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:searchattachmentsplugin here].
How to install?
- Install swish-e, http://swish-e.org/
- Install filter tools for the formats you want to index:
- Download the code from http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/SearchAttachmentsPlugin to YOUR_SOURCE_DIR
- Install the plugin
python setup.py bdist_egg cp dist/TracSearchAttachmentsPlugin-0.1-py2.4.egg /path/to/your/env/plugins/
- Trac 10.x and 11.x source code must be manually modified for SEAT plugin to work. The file to modify is attachment.py, on a Linux Fedora system, it is located in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac
162 def insert(self, filename, fileobj, size, t=None, db=None): ... ... 184 try: 185 # Note: `path` is an unicode string because `self.path` was one. 186 # As it contains only quoted chars and numbers, we can use `ascii` 187 basename = os.path.basename(path).encode('ascii') 188 filename = unicode_unquote(basename) 189 190 cursor = db.cursor() 191 cursor.execute("INSERT INTO attachment " 192 "VALUES (%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s)", 193 (self.parent_type, self.parent_id, filename, 194 self.size, self.time, self.description, self.author, 195 self.ipnr)) 196 shutil.copyfileobj(fileobj, targetfile) 197 self.filename = filename 198 199 self.env.log.info('New attachment: %s by %s', self.title, 200 self.author) 201 202 if handle_ta: 203 db.commit() 204 205 targetfile.close() # << Line to add for SEAT plugin 206 207 for listener in AttachmentModule(self.env).change_listeners: 208 listener.attachment_added(self) 209 finally: 210 targetfile.close()
- Use the trac-seat utility to index existing attachments:
cp YOUR_SOURCE_DIR/searchattachmentsplugin/0.10/trac-seat /path/to/your/env/index cd /path/to/your/env/index chmod +x trac-seat ./trac-seat /path/to/your/env meta ./trac-seat /path/to/your/env index -c cd .. chown -R apache:apache /path/to.your/env/index
- Configure trac.ini
[components] .... searchattachments.* = enabled [attachments] ... # This is the path to the swish-e command on your system swish = /usr/local/bin/swish-e seat = /path/to/your/env/trac-seat # The first %s is the absolute path of the input file. # The second %s is the absolute path of the text file generated by the command. filter.doc = /usr/local/bin/catdoc -b "%s" > "%s" filter.ppt = /usr/local/bin/catppt "%s" > "%s" filter.pdf = /usr/bin/pdftotext "%s" "%s"
There is no need to declare a filter command for .txt or .text. Text files are handled natively. To index a new non-text format, just add a filter.* entry using the appropriate command line tool for this format.filter.EXTENSION = path_to_EXTENSION_to_text_command -infile "%s" -outfile "%s"
- restart the trac server