Set any server file as shortcut icon, including handler for favicon
This plugin provides an request handler for the widely used shortcut icon URL path
/favicon.ico. Especially MS Internet Explorer seems to need the shortcut icon located at this position. The plugin is also able to insert (X)HTML
link tags which point standard compatible browsers to this address.
Note that favicons can also be configured over the Trac standard config file as described in the TracInterfaceCustomization wiki. However, this plugin forces the Trac server admin to put the icon in the document root of the host to be compatible with the MS IE.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
General instructions on installing Trac plugins can be found on the TracPlugins page.
To enable this plugin add or change the following in your
trac.ini file, normally found at
[components] tracshortcuticon.* = enabled
Put the following settings in the
trac.ini configuration file:
[shortcuticon] handler = true linkheader = true iconpath = /local/path/on/trac/server/icon.png mimetype = image/png [project] # Disable build-in handling of icons: icon =
The meaning behind these settings is as follows:
- Enables/disables request handler for
- Enables/disables insertion of
linktags which point to the icon.
- Local OS path (no URL) of the icon file on the Trac server. While some browsers support PNG and GIF icons, some others support only the MS ICO format. The icon should be 16x16 or 32x32 pixels in size.
mimetype = image/<extension>
- Overrides auto-detection by file extension of the mime-type.
- 15264 by rjollos on 2016-02-11 05:22:34
Remove unnecessary svn:mime-type on py files
svn:mime-type was set to "plain" for many files.
- 8553 by martin_s on 2010-08-30 23:57:58
Added encoding meta-comment and declared SVN keywords as unicode to avoid issues with non-english locales.
- 8429 by martin_s on 2010-08-23 13:12:14
Removed outdated variable
revfrom setup file.