Autocomplete ticket fields
This plugin auto completes user info when input report, owner, cc in ticket, and provides a popup dialog to edit cc to help input multiple recipients. The user information are maintained in Trac instance's
This plugin is designed to be used in enterprise environments, where there may be hundreds or thousands of users who are potential notification recipients. Trac administrator should maintain a full list of users and their full name, instead of using Trac's built-in user list.
Alternative plugin: AutocompleteUsersPlugin, that uses Trac's built-in user list to accomplish this purpose.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
You can install this software as a normal Trac plugin.
- Uninstall TracAutoCompletePlugin if you have installed before.
- Change to the directory containning setup.py.
- If you want to install this plugin globally, that will install this plugin to the python path:
- python setup.py install
- If you want to install this plugin to trac instance only:
- python setup.py bdist_egg
- copy the generated egg file to the trac instance's plugin directory
cp dist/*.egg /srv/trac/env/plugins
- Configure your
trac.inifile as follows:
[components] autocomplete.* = enabled
- Create and edit file /srv/trac/env/conf/username_list.txt. Please make sure this file encoded with UTF-8.
userfoo [User Foo] userbar [User Bar]