Integrate CVSNT with Trac
This experimental plugin integrates CVSNT and Trac. CVSNT is a version of CVS for Windows and licensed under GPL.
This plugin consists of a loginfo hook script for CVSNT and a plugin for Trac. The loginfo hook script creates a changeset database dedicated for this integration. Then it calls trac-admin to add the changeset. The Trac plugin provides a CVSNT repository that gets the change info from this new database.
The changesets appear in the Timeline and Tickets get updated, of course depending on the commit log message.
The CVSNT repository does not (yet) support the source browser.
Tested on CVSNT v2.0.51c and Trac 0.13 trunk on the same Win-XP machine.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
- CVSNT hook set-up:
loginfo_script.pyto your machine, probably the CVSNT root folder is an appropriate place.
- Edit the string constants in
ProjectConfig.pyto match your configuration.
- Modify the CVSNT loginfo hook so it will call python to run
loginfo_script.py. Note that the hook runs in an empty environment, so you require full path names.
- Trac plugin set-up:
CvsntPlugin.pymodify the string constant at the beginning of the
CvsntRepositoryclass to match the database file in
- Build and install the egg.
- Make sure the CvsntPlugin is enabled and also the Trac CommitTicketUpdater and CommitTicketReferenceMacro.
- In Trac add a repository. You now get a new type cvsnt. The directory should be the root of your CVSNT repository.
You should be all set now to commit a file to CVSNT.