Development concepts and ideas for AccountManagerPlugin
AccountManager users may like upstream development focusing on intuitive usage and further integration, to improve administration tasks.
This was always meant to be part of AccountManagerPlugin. But let's go beyond a simple merger and i.e.
- create first real User class for Trac
Some functionality, that might be interesting has been identified in:
- [patch] Add a LdapAuthStore to AccountManagerPlugin
- [patch] Add password policy
- Enable use of multiple htpasswd files
- [patch] Provide configurable crypt prefix
- Make admin approval required for account registration
- Extend AccountManager to allow non-password-based authentication methods
- How about a list of currently online users?
- login via https, client certificate should anyway allow to set a password or create an account
- [patch] Add captcha (ReCaptcha) support for new user registration
- [patch] Add captcha (PyCAPTCHA) support for new user registration
- HTTP Auth allows for groups, why not use them?
- [patch] Add a RadiusAuthStore to AccountManagerPlugin
- Dynamicity of Trac (Show number of registered users)
- [patch] Users redirected to login screen with no confirmation may fail to recognize that they are registered
- Ability to ban accounts
- Setup wizard for AcctMgr
- Review account Attributes should allow to select by "sid"
- Add group-based configurable login page
- make the user overview page and the user creation page separate pages
- Integrate functionality of FineGrainedPageAuthzEditorPlugin
- LDAP login status and impossible logout
- Checkbox to force user to change their password on first login
- Provide confirmation when password is changed
- Allow table columns on Users page to be sorted
- Provide feedback when performing actions on the Users page
- [Patch] Move Back to Accounts button to the contextual navigation
- [Patch] Provide indicator for verification status of email addresses on the Manage User Accounts page
- [Patch] Rename "Update" button to "Refresh" on the Review User Account Details page
- [Patch] Email addresses should be mailto links
- [Patch] Add a 'Select all' checkbox to the header on the Manager User Accounts page
- Allow accounts to be created from the command line
- Resurrect functional tests
- Selected checkboxes should determine which items are displayed on the Accounts: Cleanup page
- Implement group toggling behavior for checkboxes on Account: Cleanup page
- Lost password procedure should sent username
- Consider renaming 'Save' buttons to 'Apply changes'
- Add extensible user ID change support
- Add a ConfigSection