|Version 85 (modified by bobbysmith007, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Timing and Estimation Plugin
Table of Contents
This is a plugin that adds (aspires to add) estimation and time tracking to Trac.
Currently this has been tested on:
- Python >=2.3
- Trac >= .10
- Because we are using ITicketChangeListener this plugin is only compatable with Trac >= .10
- if you wish to use Trac < .10, I suggest checking out: http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TimeTracking
- sqlite >= 3.2.3 backend. This plugin should also support mysql and postgresql DB backends.
- for trac 11 you need a Genshi >= 5
Getting the Plugin
Download the source using Svn at:
Download the zipped source :
- Zipped source for plugin for Trac0.10.
- Zipped source for plugin for Trac0.11.
- Zipped source for plugin for Trac0.11 with permissions. EXPERIMENTAL
When downloading these files the extention is lost, or the filename corrupted. a simple rename to filename.zip seems to resolve it the contents are intact
Browse the source using Trac:
- Version of this plugin for Trac0.10.
- Version of this plugin for Trac0.11.
- Version of this plugin for Trac0.11-Permissions. EXPERIMENTAL
In the repository there is a script folder 0.10/0.11 that contains some various python files that I have written to perform billing queries across an entire directory of tracs and email the results to a specified address. As is these are written to work in my setup and some paths at the top of each file will probably need to be changed. These are mostly included because I wrote them for myself and thought others might want to perform similar tasks. (See: script help)
- Initial Plugin Specification
- User Manual
- See Post Installation Configuration Options for information about this plugins SVN Post Commit Hook
- Install the plugin (either for a single project, or globally). See the details on how to install a trac plugin at: TracPlugins
- No Really, GO READ TracPlugins
- Be sure that the plugin is enabled. Add "timingandestimationplugin.* = enabled" to trac.ini (in the [components] subheading).
- Alternatively, this can be enabled in the Web Admin section of the website as well
- Run $ trac-admin /path/to/projenv upgrade
- You should get a message like this:
Timing and Estimation needs an upgrade Upgrading Database Creating bill_date table Upgrading fields Upgrading reports Upgrading usermanual Done Upgrading Upgrade done.
- You should get a message like this:
- Reload/restart your HTTPD / other webserver / Tracd. That's it.
Post Installation Configuration Options
By default, the TimingAndEstimationPlugin's four components will all be active. However, you can disable some of the components if you want to. (The easiest way to do this is to ensure you have the trac:WebAdmin plugin installed.)
The plugin's components are:
Ensures that the "Total Hours" values are updated when a user edits a ticket's "Add Hours to Ticket" field. You would not normally want to disable this component.
Permissions (Trac 11 only)
- TimeEstimationUserManual has section about configuring permission if you are using the permission enabled branch
Post Commit Hook
- SVN Post-Commit-Hook Clock time and make comments from your svn commit message
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
There is not a lot here, but ticket:995 is the best source of information for people uninstalling the plugin.
- #3081 Extra remaining hours after the ticket is closed inconsistency
- #5195 Patch to allow development time and time spend writing automated tests to be tracked separately on the same ticket
- RoadmapHoursPlugin - Makes the roadmap / Milstone views be based on the hours provided by TimingAndEstimationPlugin
- ScrumPlugin - a Radical reworking of the ScrumBurndownPlugin and TimingAndEstimationPlugin.
- WorkLogPlugin gives an interface that allows you to record time in a work log type format (start and stop tasks)
- TracSlimTimerPlugin - Trac and SlimTimer integration
- TimeVisualizerPlugin the same as ScrumBurndownPlugin except is much more flexible and doesn't change db in any way (just reads history data provided by TimingAndEstimationPlugin & Trac itself). For details see InitialDesignGoals.
- TaskjugglerPlugin - Export data from Trac to Taskjuggler - uses the same custom fields as TandE
Interacting with T&E
-  by bobbysmith007 on 2015-02-16 21:32:36
fixing report Primary Key bugs 1.4.6 fix #12010 fix #12191
-  by bobbysmith007 on 2015-02-13 17:02:35
fix bad variable reference in csv export filters re #12191
-  by bobbysmith007 on 2015-02-09 16:32:48
port hours/float/decimal point changes to Permissions branch, bumped version to 1.4.4 re #12173
-  by bobbysmith007 on 2015-02-09 16:29:53
fixing bugs in update_hours_to_floats re 12173
- Obsidian Software sponsored the work to create a permission enabled branch
- Alessio Massaro: wiki:masariello
- Helped Get Reports working in postgres and started moving toward generic work rather than hours
- helped postegresql db backend compatiblity
- Jonas Borgstrom : t:wiki:JonasBorgstrom
- made it so that base_url was unnecessary
- Colin Guthrie
- Refactored custom reports stuff into a single class/module that can be copied to other plugins, to make interaction with T&E easier.
- David Abrahams
- Trac.11 - Stream filters to prettify the Reports Screen and make TotalHours not editable