Features for next version of plugin
|Reported by:||rjollos||Owned by:||rjollos|
Description (last modified by rjollos)
Here are some thoughts I have on the next version of the plugin, from reviewing the codebase over the weekend:
- Create a ticket-changeset relation table. The table would be populated by implementing IRepositoryChangeListener. It looks like the original author had similar ideas: tracticketchangelogplugin/0.12/ticketlog/model.py@13954 is currently unused. This should make the plugin faster, and extraction of the referenced tickets from the changeset message can be made more precise since we won't have to use a LIKE clause in the query (see next item). => #12620.
- The configuration settings of CommitTicketUpdater can be used to determine which tickets are referenced by a changelog message, rather than redefining redundant configuration settings. The CommitTicketUpdater configuration settings can be seen on the TracIni#ticket-section page: commit_ticket_update_commands.close, commit_ticket_update_commands.refs, commit_ticket_update_envelope, ... We might even want to subclass CommitTicketUpdater so that we can reuse the message parsing code, which should be more robust and will allow us to fix #7884 and maybe #8428. => #12621
- Remove TICKETLOG_VIEW permission (as well as the unused TICKETLOG_EDIT and TICKETLOG_ADMIN). TICKETLOG_VIEW appears to be redundant with LOG_VIEW if the purpose is to control the ability to view a resource. TICKETLOG_VIEW would provide the ability to control whether the log is present for some users, but I'm not sure this is needed. We would probably be better off showing the log to all users with LOG_VIEW, but having it be initially collapsed so it is out of the way. If greater control is needed to tune this to user preferences, we can follow the lead of trac:#9807 by implementing a user preference on the Preferences panel.
Change History (25)
comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by rjollos
- Owner changed from richard to rjollos
- Status changed from new to accepted
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.