filtering with milestone and component may give wrong results
|Reported by:||Markus Pelkonen||Owned by:||Markus Pelkonen|
Trac & 3rd components may change milestone name or component name without writing that to
ticket_change. This in turn messes the graph if filtering is used for milestone or component. For details, see my post Trac#5658.
This is unpleasant news to scrum people using my plugin. A workaround is
- not to retarget tickets when closing milestone but moving each ticket manually from ticket page
- not to use webadmin to milestones
- not to change component names (ever)
Please feel free to document any other similar cases.
Unfortunately there is no good fix for this problem. The original idea of using ticket_change has to be probably abandoned. Other possible approach could include (not tested):
- writing set of listeners (ticket, milestone and component) and ensuring that history is properly written
- using traditional burndown plugin approach: taking snapshots of estimates and totalhours at certain times (however, only polling would be 100% reliable due there are no listeners for all kind of events which would end up with unreliable graph)