Respond with canned responses to new tickets
Notice: This plugin is unmaintained and available for adoption.
This plugin allows a Trac administrator to specify a list of "Canned Responses" for those with the appropriate permissions to use in responding to tickets.
Each canned response can change the status of a ticket, as well as modify the resolution and add a comment. Each response can also be restricted to users with specific permissions. For example, you may wish to have a response that only users with
TICKET_ADMIN permissions can use and another which anyone with
TICKET_MODIFY or greater permissions can use.
Canned responses will appear as an option in the Action box at the bottom of a ticket for those with the permissions to use any of the available canned responses.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
1 / 1
General instructions on installing Trac plugins can be found on the TracPlugins page.
Enable the plugin by adding the following to your
[components] cannedresponses.* = enabled
Append the action controller to the
[ticket] workflow = ConfigurableTicketWorkflow, CannedResponseActionController
To add canned responses, choose a short name, then add attributes like so:
[canned-responses] pluginreq = new,pending -> new pluginreq.comment = This request is best implemented as a plugin. This ticket remains open as an invitation for someone to write a plugin fulfilling the request. pluginreq.milestone = Plugin Suggested pluginreq.type = plugin request pluginreq.name = Better As Plugin pluginreq.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY
The above example creates a canned response that sets a ticket to the closed status, sets the resolution to invalid, and adds the stated comment. The canned response is available to any user with at least
TICKET_MODIFY permissions, including
- The line
pluginreq = new,pending -> newspecifies, as a comma-delimited list, the statuses a ticket may have for using this canned response and the status the ticket will be set to. This can be any status a ticket can have.
- The 'name' attribute provides a "pretty name" for users to see in the list of canned responses.
- The 'comment' attribute specifies, in WikiFormatting, the text of the comment to be added. Anything inserted into the comment field at the same time as applying a canned response will be retained and placed after the canned response, with a
[[BR]]between the canned response text and the user's comment text.
- The 'resolution' attribute specifies the resolution to use on the ticket when closing.
- The 'permissions' attribute specifies the minimum level of permissions required to see and use the response.
- The 'milestone' attribute (new in plugin version 0.11.1) allows you to specify the milestone to change the ticket to.
- The 'type' attribute (new in plugin version 0.11.1) allows you to specify a ticket type to change the ticket to.
- Be careful with spelling, as there is no validation. If you make a spelling mistake, you could cause a Python exception or cause tickets to be set to statuses, resolutions, types, or milestones that don't exist.
Author: Daniel Atallah
Maintainer: none (needsadoption)