Track time spent on tickets
This is a plugin that adds a Work Log capability to Trac.
Work can only be started by the user to which the ticket is assigned, which means there is also a limitation that only one user can work on a particular ticket (see #1943).
If the TimingAndEstimationPlugin is installed, then when you clock off, the time spent on the ticket will be recorded.
If you visit the Work Log page (a new mainnav entry), you will see a list of people (developers) and which tickets they are currently working on. Work log events are also logged to the Timeline for a historical view.
Work log page:
Work log user page:
Several options can be configured from the Admin page:
- XMLRPC Extension point.
- Ajax based popup reminders when viewing Trac: this is perhaps not needed as there is a view at the top of all ticket pages.
- Develop Companion Desktop Application as per #1667.
- Add a Developer Work Profile to graphically show how "utilized" a developer is. Perhaps integrate graphs etc. from PSP and TSP development models.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
You can download the zipped source.
- Install the plugin, see details here.
- Enable the plugin: add the following to your trac.ini file:
Alternatively, this can be enabled in the Web Admin section of your Trac website.
[components] worklog.* = enabled
- Run $ trac-admin /path/to/projenv upgrade to upgrade the Trac environment. You should get a message like this:
Work Log needs an upgrade Upgrading Database Creating work_log table Upgrading usermanual Done upgrading Work Log Upgrade done.
- Reload or restart your webserver, for example httpd or tracd.
To enable the automatic updating of your Total Hours field when using the TimingAndEstimationPlugin, you will need this configuration value:
[worklog] timingandestimation = true
To enable the automatic updating of your Total Hours field when using the TracHoursPlugin, you will need this configuration value:
[worklog] trachoursplugin = true
- autostopstart - bool
- autoreassignaccept - bool
- comment - bool
- timingandestimation - bool
- roundup - int
- WorkLogPage.png (44.5 KB) - added by rjollos 6 years ago.
- WorkLogUserPage.png (50.4 KB) - added by rjollos 6 years ago.
- TicketPage-StopWork.png (24.6 KB) - added by rjollos 6 years ago.
- TicketPage-WorkStarted.png (18.6 KB) - added by rjollos 6 years ago.
- TicketPage-WorkStopped.png (17.5 KB) - added by rjollos 6 years ago.
- WorkLogAdminPage.png (64.0 KB) - added by rjollos 6 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip