I'm a Trac user since 0.8 and currently using 0.10. I'm currently using it for a professionnal PHP application development. See my blog.
Interesting Trac links
To Do for Trac
- DoxygenPlugin as a starting point to write a PHPDocumentor plugin
- Enhancements to PageToPdfPlugin :
- management of included images locally
- Correction to AddCommentMacro :
- ticket:766 (proposed patch needs to be adapted to current 0.10 branch, also correct charset needs being fetched from trac.ini)
- Enhancements to BatchModifyPlugin :
- tickets statistics over time or milestone
These are personal notes about trac and plugin development. They may not be suitable for your site.
FYI, I'm running trac on a mixed stable/testing Debian.
Compile a plugin into an egg
Just run python setup.py bdist_egg. Then copy the resulting dist/.egg file into /usr/share/trac/plugin for global deployement.
To run when still in development (testing) : python setup.py develop -md /home/trac/plugins