Development concepts and ideas for AccountManagerPlugin
AccountManager users may like upstream development focusing on intuitive usage and further integration, to improve administration tasks.
This was always meant to be part of AccountManagerPlugin. But let's go beyond a simple merger and i.e.
- create first real
Userclass for Trac
Some functionality, that might be interesting has been identified in:
- Make admin approval required for account registration
- Extend AccountManager to allow non-password-based authentication methods
- How about a list of currently online users?
- [patch] Add a LdapAuthStore to AccountManagerPlugin
- login via https, client certificate should anyway allow to set a password or create an account
- [patch] Add captcha (ReCaptcha) support for new user registration
- [patch] Add captcha (PyCAPTCHA) support for new user registration
- HTTP Auth allows for groups, why not use them?
- [patch] Add password policy
- Enable use of multiple htpasswd files
- [patch] Users redirected to login screen with no confirmation may fail to recognize that they are registered
- [patch] Provide configurable crypt prefix
- Review account Attributes should allow to select by "sid"
- Integrate functionality of FineGrainedPageAuthzEditorPlugin
- LDAP login status and impossible logout
- Checkbox to force user to change their password on first login
- [Patch] Email addresses should be mailto links
- Allow accounts to be created from the command line
- Resurrect functional tests
- Implement group toggling behavior for checkboxes on Account: Cleanup page
- Lost password procedure should send username
- Add a ConfigSection
- Strip whitespace from macro arguments
- Rename db_cleanup to admin_db_cleanup
- New interface: user_email_verification_verified
- Communicate to XMPP contacts in addition to Email contacts
- Use Trac 1.2 notification API