Safely embed various movies into ticket or wiki pages
Adds support for preview rendering of movies in the browser and on attachment pages. For preview rendering to be available for all attachments, set the max_preview_size in the [mimeviewer] section of trac.ini to be greater than or equal to max_size in the [attachment] section.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
There is also a version on PyPI.
General instructions on installing Trac plugins can be found on the TracPlugins page.
Default parameter can be set in your trac.ini file:
[moviemacro] width = 320px height = 180px splash = black.jpg ; should be put in /deployed/to/movie/htdocs/img/
Note: For attachments, Flowplayer tries to resolve to an appropriate size, but ignoring width/height settings. This is because Flowplayer settings has adaptiveRatio=true by default in MovieMacro. It is preferred to adjust the player size automatically, rather than select a particular size in almost every case.
If you don't want that behavior, pass adaptiveRatio=false as a query string and style=width:320px; height:240px; parameter. See also: https://flowplayer.org/docs/setup.html
Embed youtube video
Player's parameter can be passed as a query string.
Embed metacafe video
Embed vimeo video
For countries where bandwidth comes at a premium, I would recommend you download the flash-video file (.flv) and save it in your project's htdocs directory. For YouTube movies, try youtube-dl.
Then reference your file like so:
You can also attach the file to a ticket, wiki page or keep it in you SVN repository. Reference the file like so:
- Simple form if an attachment is in the ticket/wiki:
- Restricted ImageMacro format style:
- Fully qualified form:
- from your project's htdocs: htdocs://site/filename.flv
- from a plugin's htdocs: htdocs://plugin/dir/filename.flv
- from an attachment on ticket #123: ticket://123/filename.flv
- from an attachment on a wiki page: wiki://WikiWord/filename.flv
- from your SVN repository revision , you can also use HEAD as your revision: source://1024/trunk/docs/filename.flv