Ticket-based Gantt chart and calendar
This plugin adds Gantt charts and calendar views for tickets to Trac.
See also: ProjectManagementIdeas | TracJsGanttPlugin | WikiGanttChartPlugin, TicketCalendarPlugin | WikiCalendarMacro, WikiTicketCalendarMacro | TeamCalendarPlugin, GoogleCalendarPlugin, CalendarPlugin
- Compared to TracJsGanttPlugin, this plugin does not compute the completed percentages from custom ticket fields like 'remaininghours' or 'estimatedhours', but you manually set the completion value in the range of 0% to 100% in the ticket form.
- Timezone issue: This plugin was designed as timezone-less. All users and Trac server should have the same timezone.
Click on the thumbnails for larger versions of the screenshots.
Gantt chart view
Ticket creation example
Download and Installation
Trac 0.11 (English)
This plugin is not hosted on trac-hacks.org. Please refer here for download, installation and usage instructions.
The version at the address above is the previous (0.11) release translated into English. The new version (0.12) by the original author now supports English, so using Multilingual version below is recommended.
Trac 0.12 (Multilingual)
Supported Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean
- Download from original repository:
svn export http://svn.osdn.jp/svnroot/shibuya-trac/plugins/ganttcalendarplugin/trunk
- Build and install egg:
python setup.py bdist_egg easy_install dist/*.egg
- Build and install egg:
- Configure the components section in your trac.ini file:
You can disable or enable this plugin per project.
[components] .... ganttcalendar.admin.holidayadminpanel = enabled ganttcalendar.complete_by_close.completeticketobserver = enabled ganttcalendar.ticketcalendar.ticketcalendarplugin = enabled ganttcalendar.ticketgantt.ticketganttchartplugin = enabled ganttcalendar.ticketvalidator.ticketvalidator = enabled ....
- Configure other sections in trac.ini:
[mainnav] .... ticketgantt.label = Ticket Gantt ticketcalendar.label = Ticket Calendar .... [ticket-custom] .... complete = select complete.label = Completed [%] complete.options = |0|5|10|15|20|25|30|35|40|45|50|55|60|65|70|75|80|85|90|95|100 complete.order = 3 due_assign = text due_assign.label = Start (YYYY-MM-DD) due_assign.order = 1 due_close = text due_close.label = End (YYYY-MM-DD) due_close.order = 2 .... [ganttcalendar] complete_conditions = fixed, invalid default_zoom_mode = 3 first_day = 0 format = %Y-%m-%d show_ticket_summary = false show_weekly_view = false
- Restart Web Server.
Definition of dates:
- Essentially, the Start/End date of a ticket are defined as follows:
- Start Date: the date that a task actually began.
- End Date: the date that a task is scheduled to be completed.
but you may interpret the meaning of the dates differently. It is up to you or your team to define them.
Date format for Start/End date:
- Accepted date formats: a numeric date format in the order of year, month, day
Date Format Format String YYYY-MM-DD 2014-01-31 %Y-%m-%d ISO 8601 date format YYYY/MM/DD 2014/01/31 %Y/%m/%d legacy date format YYYY.MM.DD 2014.01.31 %Y.%m.%d YYYYMMDD 20140131 %Y%m%d YY-MM-DD 14-01-31 %y-%m-%d YY/MM/DD 14/01/31 %y/%m/%d YY.MM.DD 14.01.31 %y.%m.%d YYMMDD 140131 %y%m%d
- If you want to use the legacy date format (YYYY/MM/DD), you have to change your project's trac.ini file: (if previously created tickets are not shown)
[ganttcalendar] .... format = %Y/%m/%d ....
- Caution: After a ticket is created, you should not change the date format. Instead, you should manually update the value of custom fields in the database for the date-formatting to take effect.
Allow NULL value in the complete field:
[ticket-custom] section in trac.ini allow NULL value complete.options = |0|5|10|15|20|25|30|35|40|45|50|55|60|65|70|75|80|85|90|95|100 Not allow NULL value complete.options = 0|5|10|15|20|25|30|35|40|45|50|55|60|65|70|75|80|85|90|95|100
The Korean version of GanttCalendarPlugin (aka ganttcalendar-ko) was developed based on revision 592 of GanttCalendarPlugin, and the Multilingual version above (aka ganttcalendar-i18n) was developed based on revision 46 of ganttcalendar-ko.
The ganttcalendar-ko is not hosted on trac-hacks.org. Please refer here for download, installation and usage instructions.
- for Trac 0.12 / 1.0dev
svn export https://xp-dev.com/svn/ganttcalendar-ko/branches/0.12
- for Trac 0.11 / TOW (TracOnWindows) 0.3.0 alpha 1
svn export https://xp-dev.com/svn/ganttcalendar-ko/branches/0.11
- The UX was inspired by Redmine, and the included icons came from Redmine 0.5.1 / 0.9.4.
- The Complete by Close feature (in the Korean version, Multilingual version) was renewed by using the code of TimingAndEstimationPlugin.
- The Author of English version helped popularize GanttCalendarPlugin in the early days.
Original Author: Takashi Okamoto
Author of English version: Dave Perrett
Author of Korean version: 강순권, JSeo, Genie
Author of Multilingual version: Takashi Okamoto, kabuchan, gil, ssuzuki, Genie, Jun Omae (aka jun66j5)
- Korean version: Seo-Hee Khang, 김기원, 김갑인, axolotl and 황가 (ejjungeo)
- Documentation: otaku42, ZoomQuiet, AdrianFritz, Chris.Nelson@…, rjollos, falkb, figaro, pitoosung (for Korean version)
(573.6 KB) -
added by ZoomQuiet 7 years ago.
Hungary djszapi fixed some css bug for this
(15.6 KB) -
added by mwehr 6 years ago.
added v0.2 features: working with trac v0.12 , complete by close and some filter stuff
(200.0 KB) -
added by PeterStephens 6 years ago.
Version 0.3 with English Titles
(26.2 KB) -
added by mark_kids@… 6 years ago.
fixed milestone views on ganttcalendar_v0.2
Download all attachments as: .zip