Distributed Peer Review of Source Code
This plugin integrates a distributed peer review system for software developers into Trac. The plugin eliminates the need for time consuming code review meetings by giving developers the ability to review code in a user-friendly web-based environment during their own time and in a distributed manner. The interface integrates seamlessly with your repository, thereby allowing users to browse it for reviewable files.
The purpose of this plugin is to review files from the repository and comment on them. Later on one may check the applied changes against the original file using a diff view. The plugin is not meant for reviewing change sets (#224).
- Support for multiple repositories (since )
- Diff view of changes in follow up reviews
- Use wiki formatting in comments
- Inline display of comments
- Mark comments as read
- Customizable review workflows
- Custom reports
- Export data in MS Word docx format
- CodeCommentsPlugin Trac Code Comments Plugin
- CodeReviewPlugin Code Review Plugin
- CodeReviewerPlugin Lightweight code review of changesets
- ExoWebCodeReviewPlugin Apply code reviews to changesets
- IcuCodeToolsPlugin Working with code reviews and ticket/changeset relationships
- PeerReviewPlugin Distributed Peer Review of Source Code
- PeerReviewPlugin/Documentation Distributed Peer Review - User Guide
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
If you have any comments about the plugin or/and you would like to join the discussion, please see ticket #2850.
Download the zipped source from here.
The current release is V3.0 in the tags directory. Multirepository support is available in trunk.
Installation / Configuration
- Follow the standard Trac plugin installation instructions.
- Enable the plugin in your trac.ini file:
[components] codereview.* = enabled
The permissions CODE_REVIEW_DEV and CODE_REVIEW_MGR must be assigned as appropriate:
- Only users with permission CODE_REVIEW_DEV may perform code reviews.
- Permission CODE_REVIEW_MGR is for administration of code reviews.
Workflow operation for reviews
You can configure a custom workflow operation set_review_owner for reviews:
[peerreview-resource_workflow] change_owner = * -> * change_owner.name = Change Owner to change_owner.operations = set_review_owner change_owner.permissions = CODE_REVIEW_MGR
This operation allows you to change the owner of a review. Possible users are taken from the same list as the one used when creating a review. In the given example you need the permission CODE_REVIEW_MGR to perform the operation.
When creating a review you can specify an associated project. The projects are taken from the list created by SimpleMultiProjectPlugin. If you don't have this plugin installed or you want to create another list, you may do so using the following settings:
[peerreview] projects = Project1, Project2, Project3
- 15598 by Cinc-th on 2016-06-15 10:19:33
PeerReviewPlugin: corrected too broad exception clausel.
- 15597 by Cinc-th on 2016-06-15 09:54:13
PeerReviewPlugin: print full path of files in review reports by prepending the repository url.
- 15596 by Cinc-th on 2016-06-15 09:38:20
PeerReviewPlugin: refactored code for building the repository list into a function for future use.
The plugin uses code from TestManagerForTracPlugin for the workflow feature (see TestManagerForTracPluginWorkflow) and persistence of objects (see TestManagerForTracPluginGenericClass). Thanks to Roberto Longobardi for making it available under the permissive bsd-license.